I can FINALLY Share!


So I am VERY excited over this skirt that just released today! I have been having the hardest time not sharing it sooner.  This is the Carmen skirt from Designer Stitch . If I haven't said it before I absolutely love everything this designer comes up with. She is also the same designer I tested the Kate Vintage Tea Dress for.

I knew within a second after she released the test that I was going to be making more then one! I have made 2 and have a 3rd almost completed. That one will be part of a special costume for Dapper Day at Walt Disney this coming fall.

My first Carmen I made was the toile to make sure the fit was good before I cut out the final. I thought I will just run to walmart for a cheap fabric. Well I did get a cheap fabric but I am IN LOVE with the final outcome! The fabric I used is a Decorator weight cotton. After I got it all cut out someone in the test group mentioned how cute it would be with a double ruffle. I just happened to have a light cotton pink gingham that looked great with the large floral print. So I cut out a second ruffle. I didn't even have the skirt completed and WH was telling me it was his favorite item I had ever made..

So the second Carmen was to be my final. I had this amazing pale pink Crepe that I had been saving. It has small flecks of gold through out it. Its amazing that I made 2 of the same skirts but they are so incredibly different! Wildly romantic but one borders on a subtle classy romantic and the other is a bit more wild. I can't wait for that third one to be finished to show y'all how different it is!

I cannot recommend this designer enough. I LOVE how detailed she is in her instructions. I love how perfect her designs are when they are finished and I absolutely love testing for her.

I can tell you that once both skirts were finished I decided they BOTH are coming to Sri Lanka with me!

















(Affiliate Link above)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Give Away Time!!!

im not sure

Blast It All To Heck and GIVE AWAY!