In The Line Up


One of the other dresses I have made for Sri Lanka is the Kendra From Alice and Ann ...I fell in love with this dress the moment I saw the pattern release. I knew without a doubt it was getting made. The second I saw it go on sale I snapped it up! Then I waited for a good sale at Joanns for fabric..The fabric I wanted was not cheap.

What you can't really see in the photo is the detail on the white. It has 3-d flowers with little crystal detail in the center..I didn't need much of it but I still wanted to make this dress affordable. I am determined to prove to myself that I can make clothing as stylish as what I would buy for so much less...Not only that but the fit will be perfect for me!
                                   The steel grey is a suiting fabric that I found..I didn't pay much attention to types of fabric as I knew this dress was going to be dry clean only.

The only modification/hack I have made was to band the bottom of the dress..One of the others I saw made had done that and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to showcase the white. That white by the way is a chiffon! So there is 2 layers of lining under it to make it so that you couldn't see through it. LOL..Not a look I was going for ;)...

My thoughts on the pattern. I thought it was very well written. I had not done pleats this way so I enjoyed learning a new technique. I would definitely buy from this designer again.

At this time this is the only pattern that is for sale. So I hope that means she is drafting new ones..We will see...For now though I still have more to show but I can't! Still waiting for patterns to release.Thats the hardest part for me! The waiting.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need a Good Laugh?

Give Away Time!!!

Ice Road Truckers and a 20