My favorite pattern mash up!

So I am not usually a lover of pattern mashing. I love to create but to mash patterns together just boggles my mind. I have a hard time envisioning the final product.

I went through about 2 weeks of worry over this one!

Initially I saw the fabric posted on FaceBook. Someone was advertising the fabric aptly named Pulpo. I was so fascinated but I procrastinated and lost out. It sold out.

Over a couple of months though I could NOT get it out of my head! I finally couldn't take it anymore as I had to have it! So I begged...Seriously in every destash group and even on RP Custom fabrics Facebook page. Much to my delight someone took pity on me (or they just wanted to shut me up) and sold me a bit of their stash! Enough to make a skirt.

Thats when the worry started hahahah..I was not about to waste even an inch. The fabric came in what they call a round. So that means the pattern was on all the edges with the black only being in the middle..That pretty much cinched the skirt. It would have to be a circle skirt.

But the bodice...GAH...I seriously agonized over this. The pattern used in the sample dress was called the Jawbreaker by a designer named George& Ginger . I LOVE her patterns. I own quite a few and have always been impressed with her directions and style.

I do love the bodice on the Jawbreaker and will be making it at some point but I was looking for different..Enter the Daydream. LOVEd the bodice it but wasn't in love with the skirt..I should never have worried if the 2 would mesh together easily. Y'all it was like slicing warm butter. Perfection.

The pattern did not disappoint in clear easy to understand directions and the result is WOW...I....LOVE.....THIS.....DRESS!


I have quite a few new makes to share soon. I have been so busy testing and getting my clothes made for Sri Lanka..Which BTW is in 3 weeks! So much of what I have made has not been released though so I can't share just yet. :).............



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need a Good Laugh?

Give Away Time!!!

Ice Road Truckers and a 20