After We Decorated :)

I was so happy to see that all my dreams and visions of what it would look like came true! My girls showed up to help the night before and by the time I had the tables decorated they were done! They knew exactly what I wanted and had even better ideas for things then I imagined :)...We drank out of mason jars with red neck glass markers....twine and western tags we put our mark on our personal glass.Straw bales everywhere with a table for party favors and the cake....Party favors were gold chocolate coins wrapped in burlap and c.d. with music from the old westerns.One of my girls painted a beautiful desert backdrop.We borrowed wagon wheels and antique farm tools,equipment,and a real cow skull. John Wayne came from a great novelty store that sells cardboard stand ups.I used a few of my quilts to hide the walls of the shop.Half the tables had chips and salsa and the others had peanuts with galvanized buckets...I cheated on those :)...Bought buckets at the goodwill and other thrift stores then spray painted them silver. So much cheaper then the actual galvanized ones.I found fake barbed wire, straw cowboy hats,and handkerchiefs from Oriental trading company. The handkerchiefs we used as napkins.
The best was the cake!!!! WOWZERS did my friend do an amazing job.
Even came with pooping cows!
I had SO MUCH FUN planning and then pulling this party off. I collected decorations for months and I am so happy that all the details worked out and it really looked like what I had dreamed of.

Next blog my BIG surprise! Boy did my girls pull one on me!




Comments

Anonymous said…
Looks PERFECT! sounds like you had fun from beginning to end!
Jen Sue Wild said…
I love that cake so much.. Just amazeing!!

Popular posts from this blog

Need a Good Laugh?

Give Away Time!!!

Ice Road Truckers and a 20