Sinclair Patterns, The Grace Skirt

I was SO excited to be chosen to join the tester group for this skirt. I had seen a call go out for it and fell in love with the picture.But of course before I could fill out the form I lost the post. When I found it again I let out a whoop! WH just rolled his eyes as he thinks I am a bit sewing crazy.He may be right...

I knew exactly the fabric I was going to use! I had been hoarding it for years. A beautiful blue cotton sateen. I quickly got it in the wash to get all my prep work done while I printed out the pattern (if you haven't tried PDF patterns you are missing out! Instant gratification). 

My first initial reaction to this Sinclair pattern was wow..I have put together MANY pdfs patterns and this has got to be my favorite hands down. Very easy no trim and best part of all the diagram which shows you page number and order on EVERY page. 

By the time I got my pattern together my fabric was ready to iron..This is of course where I hit the first roadblock. The fabric melted...It not only melted but coated my iron in this black sludge. I should have taken the hint and hung it up for the day. But nope I was going to continue..So I pulled out another fabric that I was hoarding. I wasn't in love with it but I had picked it up in the  Philippines and thought why not...It doesn't even matter what kind of fabric it was. As soon as I started cutting it out it unravelled just as fast..At this point WH came home from work and remarked that I was grumpy.After listening to me rant he hands me the car keys and tell me to go get new fabric..Now where we live its not just a quick trip to Joannes. It was also too late to go to Joannes. The closest store with fabric is Walmart..I am not normally in love with Walmarts fabrics nor the customer service in the cutting section but thats a whole other issue. I decided to give it a shot.

I immediately found the perfect fabric! A decorator print that came in 52 wide which is what you need for this skirt.So I threw it in the cart and went to the counter. I should have known the worker for that section would be MIA but I naively thought maybe this time someone will be around..After 10 min a couple and there little girl are waiting also and I knew it was time to call. Just a tip if you ever need to round someone up at the walmart cutting counter.Call customer service. Of course be prepared for a very grumpy person to show up but oh well...

So I headed home to start my project..Because my fabric was a decorator fabric it didn't need to be washed. Its dry clean only. LOL..Now though to get going on the skirt. It has been so many years since I have done box pleats. It took me a bit to get back into the groove. My impressions were the directions were very helpful and clear to me. The pictures were quite adequate and when I was having issues with maybe the wording in the pattern the pictures cleared it up for me. 

In my opinion this is the most professional pattern and final product I have made to date. Don't get me wrong I love my other PDF companies and they are impressive but this skirt is amazing! Its fully lined with pockets and now comes with a high low option! I can't wait to make that one. Here is my skirt thanks to daughter for getting my final pictures for me.WH gets too goofy when I ask him to take them.Lol...



https://sinclairpatterns.com/product/grace-box-pleated-lined-woven-skirt-with-pockets-pdf-sewing-pattern/    

#SINCLAIRPATTERNS #graceskirt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need a Good Laugh?

Give Away Time!!!

Ice Road Truckers and a 20