Week 1 of 52 in the books!

#week1challenge Warm/Soft Accept the challenge or Reject...I chose to Accept with a twist..Lol..Now that I live in Florida I just don't need as much of the warm as I used too..I am never going to get tired of saying that! I just couldn't get a feel on the soft. So I decided to make a Swimsuit!

I need a good suit that is modest for our trip to Sri Lanka in July. I happen to have a load of swim fabric that I purchased off of Ebay a few years back so I thought lets give this a go!

I used 5outof4's Escapade Tankini and Riptide reversible shorts. Except for a few minor tweaks I am VERY happy with how it turned out! So much so that if I get all my other sewing for the trip done I will be making another set!

The pattern was very easy to follow with great pictures to follow.

Sorry my pictures are not very professional on any of these but it was a long sewing day and I was NOT modeling the suit for y'all..

 Now the next finish was not a challenge finish. But I am so IN LOVE with this dress! This is Sis Boom Pattern CO's Rebecca dress...Appropriate name I thought :)...

I actually did get fabric for this dress..I really wanted a Lily Pulitzer feel for it.  Again I was happy with the instructions for this pattern and would recommend it to any seamstress..There is a zipper but the instructions are very clear and easy to follow..

I can't wait to wear it!
 My last finish of the day was a Pencil skirt from Patterns for Pirates..I use this pattern a LOT...This one is a bit modified for the recipient..She wanted about 6 inches added and it to not taper on the bottom. So from the widest part of the hip I took the pattern straight down.

You do get a modeled picture of this as I had to send it to her to tell her I had changed my mind and was going to keep it...Hahahah...She texted me back a few not nice words...Sigh..I guess she will still get it..

Isn't the fabric just yummy tho! She found it on Etsy and had it sent to me. I WILL be finding out where and making another one..

So tomorrow I am hoping to finish a few more things! I am making progress on my list though :)...I need a countdown widget!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need a Good Laugh?

Give Away Time!!!

Ice Road Truckers and a 20