Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Have any of you found yourself watching sports on the Olympics you would never normally watch? Did you watch that guy from Togo win yesterday the very first medal for Togo ever? His face made me want to cry. Did you watch the poor weight lifter who's arm was completely torn out of it's socket? Dont if you havent seen it I am still sick...How about that poor water polo lady as she get hit in the face and her nose is broken? Wow. Tough lady is all I can say. I seem to have become obsessed no matter what the sport. My kids made me finally turn it yesterday during the mens water polo. I think it is just seeing the determination on each face. I truly love seeing the underdog no matter what country come out a winner. Who could resist that little girl from China's smile after she knew she had nailed her floor excercise. Beautiful.
On another note I finished the swing skirt. I then promptly threw it away so no picture. I did make myself finish it so I could count it. I hope Jerikah does not ask where it is. It turned out horrible.The hidden zipper looked like I had never sewn a zipper in my life.I ripped it out and redid it.That just created a worse stretched out mess. So I still made myself hem it thinking maybe a hem would make it all wonderful. Right.....
All right I am finished with my beets.Still not satisfied but I think I had better get something else done.I am on a mission today to get the binding machine sewn onto the baby girl quilt so that I can hand bind during the Olympics tonight. Maybe I can talk huby into buying me a jar of pickles.........
Tuesday, August 12, 2008
I had to post a picture of this customers quilt.Remember the monster I was complaining about? Here it is 120x136!!!!! Two days of simple meander. Good thing she only wanted a simple meander or she would of had to get a loan to pay for this! I am halfway wondering if she isnt going to use it for a carpet? I really am hurting for her and me though when I think about the fact she has to bind it AND that I have a 2nd almost identical one to still do for her.
Isnt this beautiful? Doesnt it make you wonder what he did? Ü.Just kidding. I was just having a really bad day and Jer knew I needed a pick me up. My boys brought it in for me (Jerrod and Dustin) Dustin (sons best bud and my adopted son) says look what we picked for you! I asked where did the vase come from? Dustin says Jerrod stole it he sure is a troubled child! Lol. I love that kid, he has such a great sense of humour. BTW I had my one hour masseage on Sat that Dustin bought me... If you have never had a massage GO GET ONE! Wow I am in love and will be going again!
Last but not least I have to share these photos. My oldest took them of my boys skateboarding. We had a few of them matted and framed and she entered them in the fair. I love these photos.These are only a few of them, I couldnt secide which ones to post because they all turned out wonderful! Jerrod is all in black and Dustin is in the blue and white striped shirt.
Friday, August 8, 2008
I have one on the frame for me then I have atleast two gargantuan customer quilts to do. This lady always makes bigger then king. She calls me the other day and says "sweetie I have another little top for you!" I say "Little?" and she laughs. She then tells me if her husband hadnt decided all his sons would be big strappin men she would of had little dainty girls then I would be quilting pretty little femine quilt tops.Wow so thats how that works! I always wondered.
Ok I am off to work! Hopefully at the end of today I will have that turtle gearing up to move! My goal is for him to be 2 projects over by Sunday.
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
2.Turning green coffee beans into this.yuuuuuuuuum
3. Supply orders from Kingsmen. The picture is horrible but there is a new panto and thread guide for Gracie.
4. Knowing Ron Paul is on his way to give Gracie a check up and bring me more thread! He is bringing me and open toe foot!
5. Season 1 of Bones! It's wonderful to watch while quilting.
6.A gift Certificate for a one hour massage. Thank you Dustin ( a great little buddy of mine). I have an appointment for Saturday.]
7. Happy customers. aaaaaaaah this should be number 1!
And last but not least Quilt shops that finally add your name to the referral list! Yay!
Things that do NOT Rock
1. Breaking yet ANOTHER needle because of thick seams. How many broken needles does it take before you have to retime? (I seem to be on my way to finding out)
2. A panto that just does not stitch up well. (so much for getting it done for the fair)
3. A customer that thinks her top isnt centered well enough to the back. (Is she serious? I followed HER instructions and centering to a back is next to impossible)
4. Customers who pay cash and "accidently" short you. (yeah right)
5. The heater in Gracie house quiting on me. (yes we still are using heat)
6. Media Mail ( argh! I needed that book THIS year!)
7. (and last but not least) Having to Renew my license.=-(
Sunday, August 3, 2008
Doesnt really have anything to do with this post I just love Jane Austin.
So I counted up my UFO's.Yikes. But I promised to be honest with myself so here they are. I am starting at #7 since the first 6 are listed above.
7. Fall Frolic (the last exchange of dear jane blocks I was in. It was about 2/3 years ago.That is sad I have a box of blocks just waiting for a setting!)
8. New York Beauty ( I promised my hubby a variation on this since I made a black/red/silver one last year for a graduation gift)I have almost all the fabric for this.
9. Burgundy blocks. I bought a box of blocks from a friend who was selling her stash because she is no longer able to quilt. (I honestly didnt want these but thought good practice quilt)
10. Wheel quilt ( I cant remember what the name of this pattern is) Blocks just need the circle appliqued into the middle and then put together.
11. Burp Rags. I am adding these as I have been working on them for over a month and I need to see them done. I have 14 left to do.
12. Siggie Quilt ( I just need backing, quilted,binding)
13. Receiving blankets ( I havent started them but they have to be done before Nov. I have 30 to do)
14. Flannel scrap.Just need to put the blocks together
15. Rythym of the Sea ( I have the WHOLE kit and only one square done.Of course its the square with the sea turtle)
16. Pizza Quilt (for my fav. cuz in law. I have all the material)
17. Amy Quilt (no name for it yet.For my fav. cuz.Again I have all the material)
18. 2 Bears. Small wallhanging.Just needs to be quilted and binding. I am pathetic.
19. Strawberry shortcake. Top I threw together with leftovers.Just need to quilt and bind.
20. Amish. Just HAD to make this last year. Just need to quilt and bind. I am seeing a trend here.
21. Storm at Sea. Top I made 3 years ago.Again quilt and bind.
22. Lonestar. Top made in class last year. Need I say it? Just needs to be quilted and binding.
23. Divided Household.Football top I made 2 years ago. Quilt and bind.
24. Psycho Butterflies. Class quilt top from about 4 years ago. And yet again quilt and bind
25. Chocolate Moda Wall hanging. Quilt and bind.This is such a small project too!\
26. Dream wall hanging. Another to quilt and bind.
27. Wizard of Oz top. hmmmmmmm I am NOT going to tell you as I am sure you have guessed what needs to be done.
28. Spider Man Sam Top. Ok in my defense this one is emotional for me but I am ready to quilt and bind it.
29. Roses Wall hanging top. Yup you guessed it.
30. Butterfly wall hanging. Dont need to even guess do you?
31. Felt Tea Cups I have almost all the material.Just need some off white wool felt and finger weight yarn for handles. Note to self ask Jan if she has found this for her tea cup yet.
32. Coil Bag. I have almost all the clothesline wrapped.Yay me!
I scared my self with this list. Why do I have so many to quilt. I own a long arm for heavens sake.Lol. Thats funny isnt it. When my husband plowed snow in the winter for others, you better belive our driveway was always the last to be done. My dad was a brickmason yet we never had a brick anything in our house. My brother in law was a mechanic yet they never had a running car. This is insightful to me! Its time to break the cycle. Ü.Yeah right.
So anyways factoring in that I have so many ready to be done I am going to set my goal at 30 and yes I am keeping the 4 that I already finished.So that is only 26 more off of the ones I have posted. If I start something new it will not go on the list. I can do this.
Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention I have decided to rip my sewing room apart and paint.....Yes I know there is medication for this...
Saturday, August 2, 2008
I did make a decision today. Well I made several actually but the one on my brain right now is my prize. I have decided on Hydraulic Lifts! If I am a good girl I will get those and Pizza! (thank you Freda for not letting me forget my pizza Ü) I can honestly say those small prizes will probably happen anyways (well with pizza) but the big one I am gonna be firm on. I need to count my UFOs up and then decide how many done will earn those lifts! All if I can but almopst all for sure. But I need to count first.I am scared to do that! The stitch regulator would be awesome BUT if I can save that much I think I would rather use it to take my hubby away for the weekend. We both deserve that. Portland in Jan, maybe. Or vegas, seattle, maybe even canada again.Who knows maybe I could even surprise my favorite cuz for her baby shower. That would be the best. I could meet my fav baby cuz. Ohhhhh I have big dreams............