Catch Up

Thats what I am playing this week! Its not fun. Just as I was starting to clean on Tuesday I get a phone call that a dear friend is in the hospital and I need to come right away. I am so glad I did. By the time I got there he was not consious (I know I spelled that wrong) but I still was able to see him and tell him I loved him. He never woke up and passed away yesterday at 7 a.m. He isnt in pain any more. While we are all sad we do find comfort in that.This dear man has been in pain for so long. He was one of my fathers closest friends and I had known him since I was like 8. It was such a blessing to be able to know him.

How fitting it is that yesterday it snowed for the first time. He HATED and I do mean that in caps HATED the snow! He would find such humor in that. So now I have to get back to life and catch up. Thats o.k.

KAREN L the Snuggle pattern is by a company called Great Copy Patterns. The number to the pattern is #1010 and is called a cuddle wrap. I can tell you it is by far the easiest thing I have ever made! I went to Joannes and bought polar fleece for like a dozen more! Obsess much?! Yup I do.

My Edgerider drama is over! Do I hear cries of joy? This is where I found them.
http://www.quilttech.com/page.home
These people are wonderful. I asked them if they could expedite the shipping and he hand carried them to the post office for me. They arrived Monday night. Today I am going to finish the quilt on the frame. The SAME one I have been working on for like ever. Then I am giving Gracie a makeover! I even orderend some fun decals. I told my kids I am going to Pimp her out! (or would that be up? I havent watched that show enough to know the proper term) I will take a picture when I am done.Ü

ok. I have just finished my 3rd cup of coffee. It is time to get busy. Well maybe I will visit my favorite blogs first.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sending you hugs and hoping the rest of the week is BORING :-D Can't wait to see Gracie all pimped up & out LOL That thread should get you some good google search returns ROTFLOL
Vicki W said…
Glad your edgerider crisis is over! How nice that you got to say goodbye to your friend. I hope the weekend is quiet, relaxing and productive.
So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Enjoy a nice quilting day.
Unknown said…
Those drop-everything-and-go visits are so important. I'm glad you were able to be there and love the timing of the snow. It's good to laugh when we enjoy our memories of friends who have passed.
This week is GOING to be boring. I have ordered it so!Ü
Gina said…
Hugs to u Becca....

hey, where can I find some of those parrot clamps below? YOU KNOW i just gotta have em!

Popular posts from this blog

Need a Good Laugh?

Give Away Time!!!

Ice Road Truckers and a 20