My Parents


So last year was my parents big 50. It took me about a year of planning but wonderful hubby and I planned a full catered sit down surprise party for them. So last year at this time we were sending boxes of party goods and getting ready to fly out. There were around a 100 people and it was wonderful. A HUGE surprise that they were not expecting at all. Wonderful hubby did most of the cooking that was his gift to them and I of course made them a quilt. The best feeling in the world to be able to do that for my parents.
But now I am left with what to do this year. It takes me forever to settle on a gift. Even just a graduation gift. It has to mean something. I cant just pop into a store and buy something. I have to think, worry, make lists, procrastinate, and change my mind 500 times. This is driving me nuts! Not to mention my parents have everything they could possibly want. I am thinking about an ipod loaded with all their favorite elevator music. I just cant decide if thats special enough. I also dont want to drive them nuts trying to figure it out.
Any ideas??
I am making progress on my UFO's. By the end of the week it looks like I may have 3 more done! Today is all about the work though. I have 3 I have to get done. Even if it takes me to midnight. One is a rush job. My edgeriders have still not come in. They will come in after I have caught up I am sure. Not now when I need them the most.That groove in Gracies wheel is going to drive me to drink.........hehehe. Thats what I am blaming it on.Ü

Comments

Vicki W said…
The great thing about parents is that they are happy to just have some of your time!
Anonymous said…
I think your parents know that you are a blessing in their life! The ipod thing customized with music sounds wonderful & thoughtful!!!! Here's hoping your wheels arive today!!!! And you have a drink while watching someone else install them!!!
The customized ipod is a great idea, I will have to keep that in mind. Last year we gave my parents a Netflicks subscription. They were unsure about it at first, but now are telling us they want us to renew it for another year.
-Glad to hear you are keeping up with the UFOs! Mine are still sitting around mocking me. ugh. so much to do.... or is it WAB?
:}
You gals are awesome! I think an IPOD it is!
Unknown said…
Such a sweet picture. Fifty years! That's so lovely. And wasn't it fun planning the party? Love that.

Popular posts from this blog

Need a Good Laugh?

Give Away Time!!!

Ice Road Truckers and a 20